We are in the final design phase of the Navis v.08.1 electric model which will have an electric propulsion, photovoltaic solar panels and batteries. The final cost is not yet available. However we believe it will cost an additional $46,000 and we expect the first unit to be ready for delivery by the end of 2023.
It is not necessary or advisable to install bow propellers. The two separate motor engines located aft, allow you to dock perfectly – however, to be really effective in places with strong water currents it would be advisable to install 2×15 hp or 20 hp engines.
An anchor in the bow is included and additional options can be installed in the stern
Yes, the factory has prewired the units for these installations.
– Slip rentals, including FL Tax, can range from $350 to $1200 per month plus $15 per month for environmental fees.
– Electricity can be a flat rate $85 or a metered rate, depending on usage.
-Water can be monthly or metered. We suggest filling the boat tank, rather than using a hose
directly from the marina, as the higher pressure can adversely affect boat plumbing.
– Black water pump out can vary. If done at the dock, it can be as little as $15, if the pump out boat
has to come to you – $60 to $100 and if you go to a station it is often free.
– Wi-fi is often free or for a small monthly surcharge.
– Bottom painting for salt water barriers (4 coats) and 2 coats of non ablative paint at $60 per foot – $1,560 – will last 5 years as long as the hull is cleaned. If in fresh water about half that amount.
– Boats can be hauled for cleaning with a fork lift for about $150 both ways, but is not needed if a diver is used.
– Dive cleaning at $60 per dive. In cool months (every other month) and in warm months (every
month). Total estimated amount of $720 per year.
– Replacing zincs on the small outboards (every 3 to 5 years).
– Motors oil has to be changed and impellers replaced.
– Every 6 months, the shifting and throttle cables need to be checked for movement and lubricated as needed (DIY).
– Registration fees vary according to county and state.
Yes, we are studying other possibilities with the electric motors.
The boat has its own fenders embedded in the hulls, however we recommend using inflatable fenders that are 32 inches long.
Door locks with conventional handles. Boat cabinets are the “push” type.
Enjoy our exclusive deals and receive all the latest updates directly to your mailbox before everyone else does. Join our email list now.